Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I have a confession to make...

Do you know the Colors of Your Parachute book? You know where you do the exercises to figure out what your personality is and how you best relate to people?



Well, I'm an orange. For those of you who haven't read the book or done the exercises, that means I am highly analytical. Not highly creative, not compassionate, but HIGHLY ANALYTICAL. LOL! So why do I bother to tell you this, because I am having a really hard time at this moment struggling with the part of me that wants to take the next week to get all my ducks in a row for the blog, twitter, facebook, etc, etc. So why I am sharing this bit of information. I don't tend to just do things for the fun of the creation, I love to problem solve so that is why I love custom work. I add designs to my line that are practical and usually pretty simple. I think everyone around me knows that I apply that to my life in general. I don't really fuss with myself and my girls might wear dresses but they aren't usually the frilly ones with lots of ruffles.

So this will come to a shock when I have to tell you that on my design board for inspiration are ruffles, and lots of them. I suddenly have this urge to cover everything in ruffles. I have new ideas for skirts, cardigans, and dresses and they ALL have ruffles. My head is screaming but it feels safe in a way that I can't describe.

And why does this even matter? Because I just witnessed over the last several days that my oldest twin is just like her mommy. My phone in her hand she pushed the button and swiped the screen to unlock it, then went to her favorite princess matching game and sat to play a couple of very successful games. She will be three in two weeks (oh my, exactly). I want to make sure that little K is open to more than just being an orange. That she can be a princess and sit with all her tech toys and code like crazy if she wants. Or she can be a tech nerd and not wear ruffles. I just want her to know that she can be whatever she wants to be.


Well back to my tea, I have a horrible cold that just will not go away. It's really getting in the way of my mojo right now :(

Have a wonderful day!
Jenny

http://jennysies.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/jsdesignsstudio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.... :)